Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Testing
Certification for auto professionals. Peace of mind of customers. The non-profit National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) works to improve the quality of vehicle repair and service by testing and certifying automotive professionals. Today, more than 350,000 professionals hold ASE certifications, and work in every part of the automotive service industry. For more information visit www.ase.com
Imperial Valley College is proud to continue as an ASE test site during ASE’s transition to Computer Based Testing. ASE Flyer
Scheduling an appointment: You will need this information to schedule a test. Please read.
Once a tester has registered and paid for ASE test(s), he/she must make an appointment at an ASE Testing Center. Imperial Valley College is an ASE Testing Center and so offers tests periodically on pre-determined dates. 2015 Dates
- To schedule a test at Imperial Valley College, first register and pay for test(s) through ASE: https://www.ase.com/About-ASE/myASE.aspx. Once registered and paid, ASE will issue an 8-digit ASE Eligibility ID (ex: ASE-1234-5678). You must have an ASE ID to schedule an appointment. Have the ASE ID # ready when calling.
- Imperial Valley College tests twice a month so spaces are limited. If the testing date you want is full, you will need search for the next closest testing location: http://www.ase.com/Tests/ASE-Certification-Tests/Find-a-Test-Center.aspx or wait until our next testing date.
Contact ASE (1-877-346-9327) to:
- Discuss a refund, test expiration dates or ask any ASE test questions
- Obtain your ASE ID number
- Obtain prior test results
Contact the Imperial Valley College Test Proctor to:
- Arrange for handicap access
Please note that the Proctor cannot answer ASE questions. The Proctor is not familiar with ASE rules or policy, only proctors the test.
Testers must bring these two items to the test:
- ASE ID Number
- Government-issued Photo ID with signature (i.e. Driver License)
Please note that all ASE testing is in a Computer Based Testing (CBT) format. Each test has an individual time limit pre-determined by ASE. The testing program will automatically end a test once the maximum time has been reached.
Cancellations: Imperial Valley College requires testers to cancel their appointment within two days of the test. Testers who do not give such notice will not be allowed to test at Imperial Valley College in the future.
Imperial Valley College
380 East Aten Road
Imperial, CA 92251
Parking: Vehicles parked in Imperial Valley College parking areas shall display a valid Imperial Valley College parking permit sticker or one-day permits. Full term stickers ($25) and one-day permits ($2) are available at the Parking Office (room 902) and one-day permits may be purchased also from the yellow day pass machines located in lots: A, B, C, D, and H. Parking permits are waived on Saturdays and Sundays.
April 17 or 30 @ 2:00pm
May 14 or 28 @ 2:00pm
June 4 or 18 @ 2:00pm
After you complete the registration process at ASE you can schedule an appointment by calling us @ 760-355-6303 or by using the form below: